Greetings to All,
We hope all of our members are well. Over the last few months, many of life’s events have been effected by COVID 19. Hopefully the future will provide a cure and vaccine.
Our General meeting that would have been on June 29th is cancelled this year as all Lick Observatory grounds are closed to the public all summer. Hopefully, in 2021, we can have an even bigger more joyous meeting and BBQ. Since this year is a voting year, I would like to propose an alternate way to accomplish that process.
- All current Directors will automatically be considered nominated unless they withdraw that nomination via email.
- Any and all members who would like to be considered to be on the MHRIA Board of Directors can forward their info (name, email, mailing address, phone, category: resident or property owner) to a current Director. Also residents and property owners can become a member by clicking the link on the website mhria.org.
- Any current Directors interested in continuing or being nominated as a MHRIA officer for 2021 should send that nomination to me at email@example.com
- Elections for Directors will be accomplished by the current Directors at a location TBD. Current Officers will have their terms extended one year.
- $25 dues can be paid at our mailing address; otherwise they may be paid along with 2021 dues at next year’s meeting.
Thanks so much for your understanding and your membership in our MHRIA.
Wishing you health and best wishes,
John Kuntzmann, President, MHRIA
PG & E is planning to begin their power line fire inspections starting the first week of May and possibly continuing as late as August. They are going to be using ATV’s to access harder to reach areas. If you have any questions or concerns call Mario with PG & E at 408 206-7954.
June 23rd 2019 we held our annual MHRIA General Meeting and BBQ. Around noon President John Kuntzmann started the meeting portion of the day by asking everyone to take a moment to remember members of our community who passed this last year: Glenn Dolfin, Neil Jorgensen, Rex Lindsay, and Katherine (Kay) Beaver McGeehon. Their spirit remains with us.
Current Officers Jill Leber, Vice President, Rochelle Barsnick, Treasurer, and Sharon Kuntzmann, Secretary/Webmaster were introduced. We then thanked the Lick Observatory staff who helped get the pcinic grounds available and improved for our use. Thank you Kostas, Joe and Darleen. We had several special guests including Mario from PG&E, Deputy Sheriff Eddie Carballo, and CAL Fire from both Sweetwater and Smith Creek. Thank you for your time and sharing information concerning the back country’s needs.
The MHRIA Board thanks all the people who stepped in to work setting up, cooking, and cleaning up for the success of the day. John also announced that next year’s general meeting will be our election year for both Directors and Officers. Please think about what you can do for our community.
The meeting was then adjourned to enjoy the BBQ, meat cooked by Ron Carroll, followed by the ever popular raffle.
Here are some memories captured:
Services honoring Glenn Dolfin’s life will be held at the Santa Nella National Cemetery on June 11th at 11 AM. Please plan on arriving at 10:30. Glenn was our local Deputy Sheriff Officer and later MHRIA Executive Director for many years.